- How do I renew my server's permit in New Mexico?
- You may have received an email from us telling you that your permit will expire in 30 days. if so, here’s what to do: Go to the Way To Serve home page at https://www.waytoserve.org. Instead of trying to log in, you will choose your state in the top section of the page. Under “Select State…” select New Mexico or New Mexico-Spanish in the drop down list, click Register Now, and then fill out all the registration information. Check the Renewal option on the New or Renewal Certification drop-down list. You can use your same email (or a different one), and you can use your same password although it wouldn’t hurt to make a new one. Then go on to the Payment page and when you’ve paid you can start the course. You must complete the entire course to receive your renewed permit. Your temporary permit will be recognized as valid after its expiration, if you have not yet received your permanent permit from the State of New Mexico.
Please note that you cannot use a cell phone or tablet to take the course.
If you haven’t received an email and you want to renew, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.918.9242. Include your name and the email and/or phone number you registered with previously. Our staff will reset your account and email you back to tell you how to follow the same process as above.
- How does the training work?
- The Way To Serve training is divided into modules. Start first with the Introduction. Each module contains information presented in videos, simulations and/or text. Once you view all the information in a module, you take a quiz on the information in the module. The official certificate is provided by Way To Serve at the end of the training when you pass the test questions.
- What are the benefits of the training?
- The training is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can complete the entire training all at once or stop and come back at the point you left off. Once you have completed the training and printed your certificate, you can start working as a server or seller of alcohol in your state.
- What information is covered in the training??
- The training covers information required by your state. The topics include the state laws on the sale of alcohol, ways of preventing alcohol services and sales to minors, knowing how reduce sales of alcohol to intoxicated customers by learning how to spot signs of intoxication and how to track of the amount of alcohol consumed by customers using Way To Serve's unique SERVE system.
- What is special about this training?
- The Way To Serve training is delivered entirely over the Internet. It is guided by video hosts and provides information in fun, engaging interactive simulations, not just in plain text. The simulations give you a chance to practice the methods taught in the training.
- Is this program approved by my state?
- Way To Serve is approved by your state to provide training in responsible beverage service. You can be sure that when you successfully complete Way To Serve, you are certified in your state.
- Does this training apply to me?
- Way To Serve was built with input from servers and managers. It was tested throughout production to be sure the training is user-friendly and engaging, and presents skills in real-world settings servers and managers encounter every day.
- Will this training actually help me be a more responsible alcohol server?
- Yes. The training was tested in a university study funded with a grant from the U.S. National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism. Servers at restaurants and bars that used the training served alcohol to customers who appeared to be intoxicated less often. Reducing intoxication should help decrease the number of individuals who leave and drive under the influence of alcohol.
- Is this training program good for new AND renewing server licenses?
- Absolutely. If you work at an establishment or plan to work at an establishment that serves or sells alcohol and you are getting certified for the first time, or have already been certified and need to renew, you can complete the Way To Serve training program and get your required server certificate.
- How long does the training usually take to complete?
- You should plan to spend at least 2 hours with Way To Serve and sometimes a little longer. Note, the program does not need to be completed in one sitting. You can log out and then resume where you left off. You are encouraged to take your time and go at your own pace, when it is convenient for you.
- If I take this training, when do I get my certificate?
- A copy of your certificate is available when you complete the Way To Serve training program. Depending on the state, this certificate may be your permanent certificate. However, in some states, New Mexico for instance, the certificate provided at the end of Way To Serve is a temporary certificate. Way To Serve notifies the state government that you completed the training and the state sends you your permanent certificate a short time later.
- How long is the certificate earned from this training valid?
- Each state sets a different period that your certificate is valid. Check your state's website regarding alcohol server training certification. Or, read the information at the end of Way To Serve when it gives you your certificate. It tells you how long the certificate is good for.
- I have already completed the training and I need to print another copy of my temporary license. Where do I find it?
- To print your temporary license simply log in to Way To Serve and then click on the "Profile" button along the top navigation bar. On this page, you will see a link that says "Click here to view your Server Certificate." Click on that link and you will be able to print another copy.
- How do I reach customer service?
For questions concerning business issues, call 303.565.4377 to leave a message or email us at email@example.com.
- Is technical support available?
We are here to help you. Call Way To Serve technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.918.9242.
Technical support is open from 8 am to 5 pm, Monday - Friday (Mountain Time).
Technical support will respond within 24 hours on weekdays. On weekends, it will respond on the next business day.
- I need to renew my certificate - How can I do that?
Each state requires you to re-register, pay the fee, and take the training course again in order to renew your server's permit. New Mexico server permits expire after 3 years; Texas after 2 years; and Washington after 5 years.
In New Mexico, we contact users whose permits will expire in 30 days with an email with instructions on how to renew. If you've received an email, follow the instructions and you will be able to re-register, pay, take the course, and get your new certification. If you haven't received an email, please contact technical support at email@example.com or 800.918.9242. Tell us your name, the email and telephone number you used when you last registered. Technical support will re-set your account and send you instructions.